Re: [dev] [st] question about keyboard shortcuts

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2024 09:51:12 -0700

> > I've used xcape and sxhkd with some success in mapping modifier keys,
> > however in a different situation from yours.
> >
> > https://github.com/alols/xcape
> > https://github.com/baskerville/sxhkd
>
> Eric, do you confirm that I have to use sxhkd and xcape?

I don't use either of those. The only other accompanying configuration
snippets are in tmux which natively supports those escape sequences for
Ctrl+(Shift)+Tab:
<https://github.com/ericpruitt/emus/blob/3a5b62e2f1674f2ee1e5c39b758fe23f6e529301/configuration/tmux.conf#L52-L57>.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 11:03:45AM +0300, Feodor wrote:
> but the combination CTRL+Tab doesn't work for "escape" command for
> screen. Instead I get ";5;9~" printed after the prompt when I press
> CTRL+Tab.

Can you post the actual configuration you're using? I haven't used GNU
Screen as my daily-driver in some time and no longer have to my original
configuration files, but when I had Ctrl+(Shift)+Tab setup in Screen, I
think I used "bind" and/or "bindkey" i.e. <https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/478013>.

Eric