Re: [dev] An update about my gtk2 fork

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 10:53:57 +0200

On Fri, 26 Jul 2024 15:24:33 -0500
Dave Blanchard <dave_AT_killthe.net> wrote:

Dear Dave,

> Maybe shut the fuck up. The GNU project is widely known for its shit
> code quality and complete lack of craftsmanship. If you want to waste
> your time doing something useless like sending a patch to GNU, it'd
> be more entertaining to play the lottery, or vote.

I agree with all of my heart.

My favourite example is GNU coreutils' implementation of true(1)[0]
compared to the one in sbase[1]. I think Unix as a whole would be much
further today if it weren't for GNU poisoning the well and binding
everyone to their bloated extensions and shitty software since the 90's.

With best regards

Laslo

[0]:https://github.com/coreutils/coreutils/blob/master/src/true.c
[1]:https://git.suckless.org/sbase/file/true.c.html