Re: [dev] [st] Home key does not work in yash

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 15:24:57 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2024 at 12:28:14PM -0600, Randy Palamar wrote:
> luonsiul_AT_autistici.org wrote:
> > export TERM=3D'linux-s'
>
> Try leaving TERM="st-256color" and report the results. Terminal
> programs (such as a shell) behave very differently depending on
> what the value of TERM is. As a user you shouldn't really be
> modifying that value unless you are developing/testing a terminal
> emulator and know exactly what it controls.

In fact, the correct thing to do is not modifying TERM.
St defines the correct value for the TERM variable, and
you can change that value in the config.h file, based in
your preferences. If I am not wrong there is even a value
for st using backspace for backspace, even when it does
not behaves like that by default.

Regards,