Re: [dev] [st] Home key does not work in yash

From: Randy Palamar <randy_AT_rnpnr.xyz>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2024 16:52:48 -0600

Страхиња Радић <sr_AT_strahinja.org> wrote:
> Дана 24/08/08 03:24PM, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero написа:
> > In fact, the correct thing to do is not modifying TERM.
> > St defines the correct value for the TERM variable, and
> > you can change that value in the config.h file, based in
> > your preferences.
>
> st sets the default, but setting TERM overrides that and allows for
> some flexibility. But the testing has shown that TERM is irrelevant for
> this issue. Even with the OP's settings, Backspace in st+yash is
> working without issues here. The only difference with different values
> for TERM seems to be whether yash outputs the cwd or not. With some
> choices for TERM, cwd isn't output near the bottom of the terminal
> window by yash's example prompt.

How exactly are you invoking yash? On my Gentoo box invoking
`TERM=linux-s yash` from ksh running inside st and pressing HOME
leads to yash echoing back `ESC[H` (here ESC == \x1b). Simply
invoking `yash` causes HOME to behave as expected.

- Randy

--
https://rnpnr.xyz/
GPG Fingerprint: B8F0 CF4C B6E9 415C 1B27 A8C4 C8D2 F782 86DF 2DC5