Re: [dev] [dwm] execwm(), ie, self?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_AT_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 00:51:28 +0200

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20240908015543._UGvRyF0_AT_steffen%sdaoden.eu>:
 |Btw despite possible misunderstandings and total lack of
 |experience i have
 |
 | {MODKEY|ControlMask,XK_numbersign,incnmaster,{.i=+1}},
 | {MODKEY|ControlMask|ShiftMask,XK_numbersign,incnmaster,{.i=-1}},
 |
 |and find that if typing this, with two windows open, several times
 |in advance the processing seems to stop, and with a delay it then
 |happens once again, even after "ten additional keypresses".

Hihihi, it *could* be it is a counter that does not take into
account the real number of actual windows, so that if *i* care to
stay within that number, it works as desired?? Ooops.
Forget about the rest please, it was equally, well, stupid.

But, hey, one thing. I go totally insane with how the terminal
window is shown in the "fullscreen" layouts. It is so that the st
instance has 55 lines and 191 columns here, then, but this does
not suffice to be really fullscreen, there is a bit of background
visible on the right and the bottom. With cwm, the maximize
simply scaled the window no matter what (ie borders aka padding
nside then but due to the colour it "would not hurt"). If it
would be placed so what the border would be evenly spaced on the
left and right (and the top and bottom). But so it is terrible.
Is it somehow doable to get around these "holes"? (With bar shown
they seem to be evenly "width" at least.)
Well i now did "xsetroot -bg black", .. but isn't that a hack.

Thank you!

--steffen