Re: [dwm] considering Xresources as dwm configuration like larswm

From: Kurt Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:07:35 -0500

> What is bad about configuring per code modification? Why yet another
> source of probably malicious input?

If someone's .Xresources file is has "malicious" text in it, then
their problems extend beyond possible misconfiguration of their window
manager.

> The easiest thing is to not to offer configurability.

The easiest thing is to use twm. Let's think about the most useful
thing. I like dwm's hard-coded configurability, but rules are the
exception. They're the most likely to see change during the use of
dwm, so it makes sense to put them in an external file.

Kurt