Re: [dwm] layout per tag.

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:42:55 +0200

On 8/11/06, Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org> wrote:
> I tried the toggle and I like it. I wasn't sure how it would be to
> deselect everything, but it actually feels ok to me. It's like cleaning
> off your entire physical desktop. Doesn't seem to cause any programmatic
> issues either.
> -RPM

I like it too, but there is one programmatic issue: try deselecting
all tags, and then start an xterm. 'ps' will show that it's running,
but there's no way to access it in dwm (since it doesn't have any
tags). I see two solutions here:
1. don't allow desection of the last selected tag
2. use the DEFTAG from config.h as a fallback when no tag is selected,
and some situation requires one (i.e. when you launch an app with no
tag selected, simply apply DEFTAG to the client and select DEFTAG for
viewing).

With 2, dwm could possible also start up with no tag selected, and
wait for a reason (i.e. app launch) to select one if the user doesn't
do it manually.

Gr. Sander.