Re: [dwm] ImageMagick & display(1)

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:38:25 +0200

On 8/16/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:

> I fixed this for floating clients now, they will be centralized
> to its transient resp. to the root window.

Good idea, there's one cornercase though: new windows should never be
allowed to appear off-screen, and the current algorithm does not take
that into account. If, for instance, you start firefox, move it
off-screen to the bottom right so that only "File" is still visible,
and then select "Save Page As" from the menu, you get stuck in a
pretty nasty situation... (especially since it's a transient window,
so it will stay floating (and hence off-screen) even after switching
modes).

Gr. Sander.