Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:02:29 +0000

On 8/22/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> > Atm. the only reason is that it is more consistent with the
> > status bar, but we'll see...
>
> Well, the statusbar is a different subject, I already agree that
> the tags should be drawed in the right, it is easier to read in
> our culture ;)

I think tags should stay where they are, on the left. It's where they
are in the statusbar, and to do it the other way around on clients is
just confusing (and I don't see a sane way to move the tags to the
right in the statusbar). I don't think it's that hard to get used to
anyway (you'll have to look right to see the clientinfo anyway). In
the long run (after taking the time to get used to it), consistency is
far more important than the initial "what you're used to", I believe.

Greetings, Sander.