Re: [dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: Julian Romero <julian.romero+dwm_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:43:24 +0200

On 8/24/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:31:51AM +0200, Julian Romero wrote:
> > >However, I also thought several times, it might be a good idea
> > >to introduce two color sets like it is done in wmii, because
> > >this would remove the invertation stuff like it is done now and
> > >swap the color meaning for floating and tiled mode. One may be
> > >able to define more-aesthetic color schemes with two color sets.
> > somehow related: +1 for configurable border width
> Border with cannot be configured, because clients need to assist
> here. 1px is usual, more are unusual and many clients won't
> accept this. There are reasons why evilwm only provides 1px
> borders...

Opps, I didn't know about client limitations.

Anyway, even if you tagged dwm as 1.0, code seems to be not very
frozen so having a "#define BW 1" will make easier to write/update
patches following main code changes. It's hard to follow hard-coded 1
and 2 plain numbers through the code.

AFAIK the #define has no performance penalty and is just +1 LOC

regards,

--
Julián