Re: [dwm] bold in status text

From: Kurt Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:45:10 -0500

> Marvin:
> i cant quit dwm no more with
> mod1+shift+q. i have to kill the dwm process to do that.

I can't seem to reproduce this. Running with the setup I sent you,
mod1+shift+q kills dwm as expected.

> Alexander:
> Is conky resource-friendly?

to be honest, I used to have a bash script that did similar things to
get the readout I posted earlier. The reason I switched to conky is
because I felt that a single compiled program would probably be a
little more resource-friendly that spawning a million bash, sed, and
awk processes every five seconds. ;)

Turns out, after a little testing on my PIII 1.2 GHz, there's not a
huge amount of difference in resource-usage either way.

Kurt