Re: [dwm] dwm-1.1 large numbers of clients diff (includes xinerama)

From: David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:40:38 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message ----
From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
To: dynamic window manager <dwm_AT_10kloc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 29 August, 2006 3:17:02 PM
Subject: Re: [dwm] dwm-1.1 large numbers of clients diff (includes xinerama)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 03:42:39PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Lemme decide after dwm-1.2. I actually like your idea about
> handling Xinerama, and I'd like to consider applying a lite
> version of your Xinerama patch to the mainstream distribution
> after dwm-1.2, though I'm not sure about the details yet. I'll
> need to check this first in a multihead setup.
| I'm not sure this will really happen at all in the near future,
| because I work on single monitors usually.

No problem, as this patch is what I actually use for my stuff it's no
problem posting updated versions to the list for anyone
interested as new dwm versions come out.

Just to be clear: the one thing that it would be useful for my
patches (and perhaps others' patches) to have in dwm would be a function like

void
processmodifiedtagging(void)
{
        settitle(sel);
        if(!isvisible(sel))
                arrange(NULL);
        else
                drawstatus();
}

which can be called once something else has fiddled with the tags (and
occurs at end of tag() and toggletag() in main distribution). If it's in the
main distribution then any changes to drawing logic don't need to
be detected and copied into any out-of-tree patches that modify tags but
will be picked up automatically.

cheers, dave tweed