Re: [dwm] cycling tags, again...

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:06:38 +0200

On 8/31/06, Jukka Salmi <j+dwm_AT_2006.salmi.ch> wrote:
> What about functions for viewing the previous/next tags for all tags
> currently selected? Example: dwm is configured to have five tags.
> You're viewing tags 2 and 4. After calling viewnext() you'd be viewing
> tags 3 and 5; calling viewprev() would have resulted in tags 1 and 3
> being viewed. The attached patch does what I'm trying to explain.

I think that's kind of arbitrary; You could just as well select the
next tag counting from the rightmost or leftmost of the currently
selected tags. None of these make much more sense than the others. The
reason for this is that in a wm that allows multitag selection,
viewnext() anh viewprev() apply only to the the very specific
(cornercase?) situation where only one tag is selected for view. The
sanest way to do it would probably be to allow viewnext() and
viewprev() only when in a context where they have meaning (= when only
one tag is selected for viewing), but that would be so specific that
it doesn't really have a place in dwm main I believe, sorry...

Gr. Sander.