Re: [dwm] MPlayer fullscreen on a tiled layout

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:54:58 +0200

On 9/25/06, Marco Squarcina <lavish_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> As I wrote on IRC, there is a strange behaviour about MPlayer when used
> on a tiled layout in dwm.
>
> 1.
> When I start it (`mplayer <filename>`, for example) it goes tiled, ok,
> but if I try to fullscreen it with "f", mplayer window goes float
> _under_ tiled clients. Shouldn't stay on top?

Are you sure about that? Unless I'm mistaken, mplayer requests
screensize, assumes that it gets it and hence draws itself _as_if_ it
is fullscreen, while in fact it just retains the same tilesize it had
before you pressed 'f'. Basically this means that mplayer makes false
assumptions about the window management model. If you want to use
mplayer fullscreen, you'll have to define a fule that starts it always
floating (or use it in floating mode only of course).

Greetins, Sander.