Re: [dwm] window size problem

From: Jukka Salmi <j+dwm_AT_2006.salmi.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:57:35 +0200

Anselm R. Garbe --> dwm (2006-09-25 09:19:12 +0200):
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 09:09:54AM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
[...]
> > Using hg tip and ff 1.5.0.6, [1]this is how it looks just after I
> > klicked "Printable version", and [2]this is after I called
> > focusnext().
> >
> > This looks different for you? Hmm...
> >

> > Jukka
> >
> > [1] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/dwm/ff_prae.png
> > [2] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/dwm/ff_post.png
>
> That looks odd indeed - seems that the newly opened ff window
> takes up the whole space. Can you check if it suffices to focus
> the right window with mouse? If this results in the same
> situation as ff_post.png it seems to me, that there must be a
> delay of event processing somewhere.

No, changing the focus with the mouse is not enough to "fix" the display
in the left window. It seems to need a focus(prev|next)() or something
calling arrange() (e.g. view(), togglemode()).

BTW, I checked both clients x/y/w/h values, and they don't change after
the focusnext() call, i.e. the window width seems to be fine from the
beginning. However, in the prae situation, the red "close tab" button
is missing; furthermore, when the right window is untagged, text in
the left window doesn't change at all; thus it indeed seems as if the
window took up the whole space.

And: this is definitely not a firefox problem; I see the same problem
with other apps, too.

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: