Re: [dwm] new window in main

From: Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:12:24 +0200

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 12:53:29PM +0800, Jesse Woo wrote:
> Hi, now alt+shift+enter will start a new terminal in main area, I
> think it's quite annoying to ctrl+n to the formal main window and
> alt+enter to make it main again, is it better to make new window
> appear in stack area instead of take up the main area?

I guess the reason for this behaviour is that you create a new terminal
because you want to do something in it immediately so it would be
natural to put it in the main area. Putting it in the stack leads to the
question of where in the stack you would want it; top, bottom, middle?

The current behaviour requires the least assumptions (although I don't
know if there are "technical" reasons).

cheers,
Anthony