Re: [dwm] dmenu-input

From: mikshaw <mrblog_AT_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:48:39 -0400

I have a similar approach as well, except the command in config.h is simply
"dmenu.sh". This allows me to make whatever changes I desire to the script,
and it will always be called the same from dwm. The numbers would probably
show the following to be not optimal, but as long as I don't notice any
difference myself it is plenty fast enough.

(bash)

CHOICE=`cat << EOF | dmenu
EDIT MENU
Screenshot
aterm
gimp
blender
-irssi
-mutt
.bashrc
.xinitrc
EOF`

#pick_me() {
case ${CHOICE} in
EDIT\ MENU) aterm -e vim ${HOME}/scripts/dmenu.sh & ;;
screenshot|SS) import -pause 2 -window root -quality 90 ${HOME}/image/snap/`date +%y-%m%d-%H%M`-dwm.png & ;;
\.*) cd && aterm -e vim ${CHOICE} & ;; # Edit dotfiles
\-*) aterm -e ${CHOICE#\-} & ;; # Term apps
*) ${CHOICE} & ;; # Everything else (X executables)
esac
#}