Re: [dwm] Bottom Stack Patch for dwm-2.3

From: Karl. <kmw1_AT_free.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:31:15 +1300

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 10:00:40PM -0500, Ross Mohn wrote:
> The Bottom Stack Patch for dwm-2.3 is now available in taggi.

Yay! :-)

Now I just need to figure out how best to apply it. I presume that the
basic approach is to use the 'hg import' option, and I guess that that
merges the patch directly into the code forevermore. Given that
there often seems to be a new patch version each time there is a new dwm
release, I am prompted to wonder what is likely to happen next time I
do 'hg pull' ? I guess that hg is going to try to merge, and hopefully
will succeed - otherwise I need to tidy things up myself?

Will I need to fetch clean versions of the source and patches, and
applying the latter to the former each time there is a new release? Or
is it all really much simpler than that?

I am saddened that Anselm did not love the alternate stack positions
enough to keep them :-( But I'm happy that we have dwm and that the
code is small enough that other people can work on it without needing to
devote a lifetime of study first :-)

Karl.