Re: [dwm] Interesting idea by Gottox

From: Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:33:51 +0100

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 10:54:27AM +0100, Enno Gottox Boland wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't want to get rid of view() completely. I only wouldn't use it
> in my environment anymore, because it let me work in a workspace way.
>
> I don't think kicking view out of the main distribution is the way to
> make "non-power-users" happy.
>
> My idea is to make it easier to work only the tagging way. Not to make
> it difficult to use dwm's tags as workspaces.

Hi,

I basically use tags as workspaces, i.e., as a way to organize the
clients depending on what they are used for. So for me removing view()
would be annoying, although I could live with it if the CTRL would be
dropped from the shortcut for adding/removing clients from the view (to
keep the number of keystrokes down). (I know I could configure this
myself but it would be a nice default if view() is removed.)

cheers,
Anthony