Re: [dwm] dwm-2.9

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:57:02 +0100

Tako rzecze Anselm R. Garbe (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-01-08, 15:34):

> > My first impression (from a user's POV) is that the splitting of master
> > tag should occur only if there are more than two clients. If there are
> > only two clients, one should be the in the master tag, the second in the
> > stack.
>
> No that would be less flexible. The current way allows even
> master-only arrangements which is quite useful for log-analyzing
> (at least in the use cases I used it just some hours ago).

Yeah, you're probably right :). One just has to get used to it.

> > Also, I think there should be an indicator whether the master is split
> > (and perhaps with a number of its parts well). Like:
> >
> > [3]=
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > []=
>
> That looks like an interesting idea. I will think about it.

And I think an indicator of some sort will make it easier (perhaps some
quick visual clue instead of a number? like [***]=, just occured to me
that it might be easier for quick communication. You just see the
number, you don't have to read the arabic numeral :)).

> > Otherwise -- thanks as usual for you work. BTW, how are the other
> > projects going (like st)?
>
> st is on its way, but slower than excepted. The base is ready
> (pts/pty handling, fork()'ing), but the drawing/rendering/window
> creation stuff hasn't been implemented yet.

Good luck with that -- it is truly a lot of work (and a lot of legacy to
deal with, I suppose).

[a]

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |