Re: [dwm] dwm-2.9

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:34:57 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:27:22PM +0100, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> Tako rzecze Anselm R. Garbe (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-01-08, 13:05):
> > It contains several bug fixes, a slightly modified
> > config.default.h (with 1-9 tags instead of 5), and the new
> > MODKEY-d and MODKEY-i functionality (for in-/decreasing the
> > number of windows in the master area).
> My first impression (from a user's POV) is that the splitting of master
> tag should occur only if there are more than two clients. If there are
> only two clients, one should be the in the master tag, the second in the
> stack.

No that would be less flexible. The current way allows even
master-only arrangements which is quite useful for log-analyzing
(at least in the use cases I used it just some hours ago).

> Perhaps this wouldn't be very orthogonal but probably more functional.

I think it would be less functional, simply use NMASTER = 1, and
increase the clients in the master area only on demand.

> Also, I think there should be an indicator whether the master is split
> (and perhaps with a number of its parts well). Like:
>
> [3]=
>
> instead of
>
> []=

That looks like an interesting idea. I will think about it.

> Otherwise -- thanks as usual for you work. BTW, how are the other
> projects going (like st)?

st is on its way, but slower than excepted. The base is ready
(pts/pty handling, fork()'ing), but the drawing/rendering/window
creation stuff hasn't been implemented yet.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361