Re: [dwm] dwm-2.9

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:16:06 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:04:19PM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> >> st is on its way, but slower than excepted. The base is ready
> >> (pts/pty handling, fork()'ing), but the drawing/rendering/window
> >> creation stuff hasn't been implemented yet.
> >
> >This is a _lot_ of work if it won't be a dumb terminal... I think it's
> >not that easy...
> >

> are you working on a terminal emulator?
>
> we've just wrote one recently (well still unfinished), because we
> wanted a minimalistic (but linux console compatible) term. (we = me +
> 2 friends)
>
> so if you share some code, maybe i can help (i couldn't found st on
> sucless.org)
> (our code is crappy right now, because we wrote it less than 24h, but
> it works pretty well and thus we got some experience with vt-s)

Hey, just send me your code. I'd be very interested in reading
yet another implementation. The st code is available at
http://suckless.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/st

(however as I told, still much work needs to be done, esp. on
the vt side). Another interesting lightweight terminal project
by Ivo Timmermans (which has been abandoned) is called blurt.
I put up a copy here:

http://www.suckless.org/download/blurt-0.0.12.tar.gz

Regards,

--