Re: [dwm] Again client titles and nmaster indicator

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:35:01 +0100

> Hence I plan to replace the client titlebars with a
> new color tuple instead:
>
> BORDERBGCOLOR (border of unfocused window)
> BORDERFGCOLOR (border of focused window)

Great. I was already using a different color for my window borders.

> Also after using the new nmaster %u indicator in the TILESYMBOL
> I conclude it's useless and ugly. I'm going to remove it as well.

I agree it is ugly, and not really useful. Ok.

> I know that many people like the client titlebar for various
> reasons (be it the fact that it's rather unique to dwm, be it
> the fact that it allows to locate a client when using many of
> them easily), hence I consider this should go into a separate
> patch.
>
> The only pro-argument I realized so far have been vim-windows
> with the filename as title - but hey, you can configure vim in a
> way that it displays the title of the current file in the bottom
> line.
>
> I believe that in 90% of all cases I can simply identify a
> client by its window contents and not its title (in a shell I
> notice the hostname in the prompt, in GUI apps the purpose of a
> window is just obvious), hence all in all the title is a bonbon,
> but not necessary for the mainstream dwm.

What I would like is having a key binding to show window names only on
demand, probaly only when it is pressed (not a toggle). I need it when
I open lots of images in different windows and the file name is the
window title. I don't matter maintaining a patch with this
funcionality (though I won't have a internet connection at home for
the next months, so I don't think I'll be able to follow the
development cycle of dwm).

> Please complain.

GGRRRHHHHHH!!!!!
; )