Re: [dwm] launch of groupie (s/taggi/groupi/)

From: Julian Romero <dwm_AT_mad.mw>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:04:05 +0100

On 1/18/07, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> during some free minutes I worked today on a proposal how the
> future web site of suckless.org might look like. Since taggi has
> been proven the wrong way to organize content, I plan to launch
> an improved taggi version called groupie and looking like:
>
> http://suckless.org/foo.html

In a few weeks (after groupie launch) you'll find it as wrong as taggi for
site management.

Random idea follows:
What about having (at least) two different tools? One to enter/edit/store
raw content (title, body, tags, author, date...) and a second one one to
organize it (into groups and subgroups, alphabetical order or relevance
order, assign specific html "templates" for some special pages, regroup
pages with some arbitrary criteria...etc.) Even a third one to present it
(generate the HTML)

You can chain the different tools easily with standard unix mechanisms
(pipe, stdin, stdout) if you still use shell script for this.

regards,

--
Julián