[dwm] bar position

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:21:57 +0100

Hi there,

I'd like to consolidate the bar position of dwm, dmenu and wmii.
Apart from being used to, I don't see many reasons in the top
vs. bottom discussion. But having the bar in a fixed position
means, that we don't need any nasty toggles.

What do you think? Do you know of any papers (eg comparing the
Apple top bar vs Windows bottom bar)? Are there any rational
reasons why the bar belongs to the top or bottom?

(Actually for terminal users a bottom bar seems better, because
the prompt is more often near to the bottom than to the top)...

Regards,