Re: [dwm] Re: master size for each tag patch

From: Marek Bernat <marek.bernat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:50:12 +0100

On 2/14/07, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> I usually stick to the master default (I rarely use Mod1-{g,s}).
> But my resolution is huge:
>
> http://www.suckless.org/shots/dwm-20070214.png

Yeah, I know you have a big screen.
But surely there must be someone with something smaller than 1600x*?

Maybe instead of viewing the clients you want in a join view,
> check if it suffices tagging the dictionary client with more
> tags by default (you can use "1|2|3" - the OR in rule
> definitions for instance), e.g.
>
> { "Firefox", "3|4|6", False }

I thought about this, but I would have to toggletag the dict it on and
off (as I said, I want it to be visible only with certain tags) and that
would be quite pain in the ass.
Instead I solved it like this: the master size of the current view is taken
to be the master size of the tag with the lowest index.
Now everything work as expected. Browser(1) + Dict(3) gives mi 80% ratio and
xterms(0) + dict(3) is 60% and so on.
And what's more I removed about 10 lines of code. I see what you mean by
suckless philosofy now :-)

Well, thanks for your time.

Regards.