Re: [dwm] 9ubuntu?

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:14:22 +0100

Good day.

Am Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:07:11 +0100
schrieb "Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org>:

> With each ubuntu/debian installation I have to install dozens
> of packages to setup my system as I like it to be, this sucks.
> I can't even use a live cd to run my environment on any computer
> - the stuff by Michael Prokop called grml (www.grml.org)
> contains too much stuff I don't regularly use - although it
> comes very near to what I'd like to have.
>
> [...]
>
> What do people think about this idea? Even if this might not
> be officially supported by the ubuntu community, I'd like to see
> something like this, because I need it. Is there anyone
> interested to initiate such a project?

The idea is good, but there are too many people needed to maintain the
system - for a simple system - what a irony.

Is there somewhere a minimal Ubuntu/Debian system image, where you can
copy inside a configuration file/some scripts, that install a system as
you like? The best would be to have this on an USB-Stick. USB is every-
where, but CD/DVD is not.

Sincerely,

Christoph