Re: Re: [dwm] st: a few questions from a 9term user

From: A.S. Bradbury <asbradbury_AT_tekcentral.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:00:54 +0000

On 3/21/07, lobzang <lobzang_AT_free.fr> wrote:
> Would be interested to know what terminal everyone's using...

I'm also a urxvt user, but I am experimenting with pterm (provided by
the putty unix port). It seems light and fast. Also has unicode and
256 colour support. It has stupid Xresources configuration though.
Here's a script I found for converted rxvt colours:
http://offog.org/darcs/misccode/make-pterm-colours

Also, 256 colour support is broken on unix in 0.59 unless you apply
this little patch
http://www.tartarus.org/~simon-anonsvn/viewcvs.cgi/putty/unix/gtkwin.c?r1=7321&r2=7403&view=patch
or just use the svn.

I haven't fully made my mind up on it, but it does seem to be a very
capable terminal that's often overlooked.

Alex