Re: [dwm] Reloading running dwm - reload patch

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:29:37 +0100

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 09:03:06AM +0100, Oliver Heins wrote:
> Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de> writes:

> > The while true; do dwm; done loop won't work for me because I use
> > a X logon manager (wdm) and with no way to break out of the loop I
> > can't get back to the login screen (except from manually killing
> > the X server), so the internal dwm reload is great.

> Just curious: what's wrong with ctrl-alt-backspace to quit dwm?

I'm remotely logging into the server with the X clients using
"X -query $server". When I do Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, I the whole
X server goes down. Yes, I could write a loop about the X server
on that machine as well, but I don't want that.

I like the SIGUSR1 approach (which, btw, currently does not work for
me at all, but I'll have to find some time and look why it does not
work, perhaps my way of feeding STDIN to dwm is the problem).

Regards,
Christian

--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de
Wenn man weich auftreten möchte, muss man nicht die ganze Welt mit Leder