Re: [dwm] Bottom Stack patch for dwm-4.1

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:01:19 +0200

Hi Ross,

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 11:42:46PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> I've posted a new patch that works, but I don't think that the vanilla
> dwm code deals with all the cases that might need the remainder
> solution. For example, if nmaster>1, you might want to apply a remainder
> to the bottom window, but it would be different from the tiling
> remainder. How correct are we trying to get with it? Is it worth
> accounting for both these remainder possibilities?

That's indeed an issue. So the question is, wether we revert the
algorithm to not handling any remainder or to handle it properly
for both, master and stack windows.

What do others think? I think it might be worth to make it work
properly for any case, even if the algorithm gets a little bit
more complex, just for accuracy and aesthetical reasons.

Regards,