Re: [dwm] Greyish blobs

From: Sebastian Goll <sebastian.goll_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:46:50 +0200

This is still a problem in current dwm versions (changeset 913). Perhaps
I can investigate in this matter, but unfortunately I'm no expert in dwm
codebase and/or X programming, so I'd appreciate any hints regarding the
problem.

First of all I don't understand how any window could possibly end up not
being managed by the window manager (dwm), as obviously happens to those
"greyish blobs" (they appear on all tags, receive no focus etc.) Is this
a bug in dwm, or how can a window "decide" to stay unmanaged? Is there a
way for dwm to simply hide those windows?

Regards,
Sebastian