Re: [dwm] CPU comsumption

From: Engin Tola <engin.tola_AT_epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:25:34 +0200

Michel Verdier <suckless_AT_thalix.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When testing dwm (and wmii) I got a problem for 2 applications xemacs and
> firefox.
>
> When starting xemacs tiled it starts using CPU. Right and bottom borders
> are flickering. When starting or switching to float all is ok. The same
> problem occurs with wmii. A long time ago I have had this bug with another
> wm, I can't remember which one. So I suppose it's xemacs which behave
> badly.
>
> With firefox the same appears when reducing width of its windows down to
> ~150px.
>
> I have a 4.2 compiled. I can test patches.
>
> Thanks

I haven't used xemacs but with emacs I don't have this problem.

I'm also using firefox and I don't have this problem. Do you have
flickering with firefox as well ? or just the cpu ?

I also have 4.2.

Maybe its related with your graphics card ?

--
engin tola - http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~tola/
emacs      - http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/