Re: [dwm] bottomstacking patch works with dwm-4.3

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:17:02 +0200

Imho monocle layout can be replaced by my 5 lines patch 'clientspertag' with
a more flexible functionality.

I have some problems running dwm with stack patch layout. Imho is a good patch
but is not fine at all:

 - switching between tags focused window continues with focus and i lost the pointer
 - horizontal split have a hole of 1 pixel
 - imho bottom stack watch would be more useful in a layout like this:

   my idea default dwm
 _____ _________
| | | <-. | |__|
|__|__| ._/ |------|__|
|_|_|_| |______|__|

instead of the current bottomstackpatch:
 _____
|_____|
|_____|
|_|_|_|

So, this is the rotated version (90º cw) of the default dwm tiling layout. And it is far
more friendly, so with 16:9 monitors you're login the right side of the screen.

maybe this is only my problem but i would like to discuss this before got fanatic for this
patch which I found it not yet finished.

--pancake