Re: [dwm] Basic mouse feature?

From: Jeroen Schot <schot-dwm_AT_a-eskwadraat.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:02:31 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 05:00:46PM +0200, Christian Dietrich wrote:
> I've written two patches:
> The one (windowscroll) give you the possibitlity to switch beetween
> visible clients by using your mouse wheel over the window title.
>
> The other (selecttag) introduces the possibility to select the next or
> previous tag while calling selecttag("1") or selecttag("-1"). In the
> patch this is used to select the next/previous tag by "wheeling" over
> the tag buttons in the bar. selecttag could also be used to emulate
> Alt+Left/Alt+Right.
>
> I divided this into two patches, because i know that the second is not
> the way you should use tags. But IMHO it is a way tag can be used.

After reading this thread I did the same and came up with something near
identical. However, I don't like the behaviour of selecttag() when more
then one tag is selected: The prev/next of the first tag is selected in
addition to all other tags and these are sweeped by multiple next's.

In my patch selecttag() (or shiftview() as I called it) does nothing
when multiple tags are selected, because there is no sane prev/next.

Regards,

--
Jeroen Schot
schot_AT_a-eskwadraat.nl (mail & jabber)