Re: [dwm] {V,H}RATIO

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:02:27 +0200

Tako rzecze Robert Figura (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-08-10, 05:46):

> > Actually, more and more I come to the same conclusion. The ratio
> > stuff just feels wrong. I also think the NMASTER thing feels
> > wrong and should/might be removed.
>
> Actually, i do use NMASTER for file sorting occasionally but with the
> master windows tiling left to right (made myself a twist orientation
> hotkey). Never felt the need to increase NMASTER > 3 though.

For those of you guys, who use nmaster for having two terminal windows
one above the other just use screen(1)'s split function. It's very
practical and so much simpler than fiddling with nmaster and trying to
get correct windows where intended.

Also, vertical split is available in the form of a patch[1] to screen,
and according to the webpage, similar functionality is already available
in GNU screen cvs and is bound to appear in 4.1. Not that I tested
either, horizontal split is mostly enough for me.

Best,

[a]

[1] http://fungi.yuggoth.org/vsp4s/

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |