Re: [dwm] Update: bottomstack patch for latest 4.4 tip

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:31:12 +0200

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 08:09:54PM -0400, James Turner wrote:
> Well the zoom function seems to work, but increasing the master area
> does not. I changed part of the incmaster function within tile.c to
> if(lt->arrange == floating) return; but I still can't increase the
> master in the bottom stack layout mode. Any ideas?

The problem here is, that master is declared static in tile.o, so
whenever you call incmaster it is only used in tile(). In
bstack() you use the locally declared master in bstack.c instead
,)

This all is due the fact that bstack is more a patch to tile
than a separate layout. One solution I see would be to declare
master globally in tile.h, - but this would make your patch
dependend from tile... hmm. Let me think about this issue
somewhat more.

Regards,