[dwm] Thinking about tags

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:51:43 +0200

Hi,

besides ongoing bugfixes I plan to remeove regexp-capable Rules.
I don't see any reason why we need regexps to match for window
class/instance/titles, strstr() should be fine.

Any complains?

Another thing I'd like to be saner is how Keys are defined.
Actually I pretty much dislike how the const char *arg in
view/toggleview/toggletag/tag functions is used atm.

I stumbled on this annoyance when Damjan recently posted his
config.h on this list, because he uses tags like "www", "trunk"
etc. So calling view("9") to view the "trunk" trunk tag seems
odd. I think it will be better to use the tag name here instead
for consistency reasons.

Same with focusclient, using "1" for next and "-1" for prev is
also odd, I plan to split this into focusnext() and focusprev()
again, that seems cleaner to me.

Regards,