Re: [dwm] addtomwfact -> setmwfact proposal

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 00:04:20 +0200

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 11:43:46PM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> Karl. --> dwm (2007-08-20 08:18:11 +1200):
> > Not that this answers your question, but on my system (Debian Lenny),
> > man pages get formatted according to the term width, so terms bigger
> > than 80 columns don't waste space - the extra space gets used.
> >
> > (formatting gets ugly if the term is resized after opening, though -
> > maybe this is what you meant and I misread you)
>
> No, you got it right: I'm using NetBSD, and man pages seem always to
> be formatted to not exceed 78 columns. Hmm...

Look for a way to turn of the caching of preformatted manpages. The
caching is (at least on the linux distributions I know) always done at
80 columns so that these cached pages are useabla by anybody.

Not using preformatted pages uses your acutal terminal width, but
comes at a small speed cost, as the manpage is formatted every time
you view it - which is neglectible on today's systems.

Regards,
Christian

--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de