Re: [dwm] column layout revival?

From: Alexander Polakov <polachok_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:07:02 +0400

* Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> [070904 20:00]:
> A couple of weeks ago I decided to cancel my mail concerning
> about changing dwm the wmii-way somewhat, because I got afraid
> for some reason.
>
> But now I wanna ask you as dwm-community, what do you think
> about the idea to change dwm more into the wmii-way?
>
> What I have in mind from time to time, esp. when being forced to
> work with a standard resolution monitor is, that I'd like to see
> the basic wmii column layout - but without column modes (simply
> equal) and without all other clunk. To achieve this, we would
> loose the ability to view more than one tag - but gaining the
> layout preservation on the other side and having a real column
> layout, which means allowing to move windows between the columns
> left- and right-wards (which may create new columns) resp. up-
> and down-wards to move them in the stack.
>
> For simplicity reasons I won't like to see any layout modes
> (they won't work anyways with decor-less windows).
>
> So what do you think about this idea?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361

Maybe you can develop it in another branch and only fix bugs (if any) in
current branch? I don't need columns and like the ability to view more
than one tag.

--
Alexander Polakov | http://polachok.livejournal.com
Russian DWM users | http://community.livejournal.com/ru_dwm/