Re: [dwm] column layout revival?

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:22:11 +0200

Tako rzecze Alexander Polakov (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-09-04, 20:07):

> > For simplicity reasons I won't like to see any layout modes
> > (they won't work anyways with decor-less windows).
> >
> > So what do you think about this idea?
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361
>
> Maybe you can develop it in another branch and only fix bugs (if any) in
> current branch? I don't need columns and like the ability to view more
> than one tag.

I second that. I really feel that dwm has reached optimum usability in
it's current state, at least for widescreen users, can't say for others,
as I don't get to use dwm on 4:3 displays.

Also I would very strongly vote for including yiyus' viewprevtag patch
in the current branch. It's just a few lines of code, but very useful
when working with two alternating tags (or a tagset and a tag) (a most
common work scenario for me, really).

The bug that would need fixing in this "stable" line is the focus
stealing problem that reappeared in 4.4.1 (or sometime around), I've
posted the details of the bug to the list recently.

Best,

[a]

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |