Re: [dwm] Dwm and Ubuntu -- how to keep nifty UI features?

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:58:55 +0200

Tako rzecze Anselm R. Garbe (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-09-10, 12:52):

> > You could ease your life and not install them in the first place :).
>
> Well I got the suspect, that the "good" hardware detection
> capabilities of Ubuntu rely somehow on a couple of UI packages,
> so I install everything in the first step, and cleanup the installation
> in the second step.
>
> Otherwise I get pretty poor results with out-of-the-box hardware
> support. Dunno why.

Yeah, I don't have that much experience with customized Ubuntus, so
probably you're right. Though I thought most everything would be done by
the initscripts and an initrd and what not of the same sort.

[a]

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |