Re: [dwm] improved tile()

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:54:04 +0200

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 01:46:06PM +0100, David Tweed wrote:
> I'm still trying to understand what it's doing so can't give a full
> bug report, but if Anselm could summarise any key differences in the
> way focussing by keyboard vs focussing by mouse enter works, that
> might be helpful.

Focusing by keyboard (focusprev(), focusnext()) calls restack()
which raises the focused client to the top of the specific layer
(tiled/floating).

Focusing by mouse (enternotify()) doesn't calls restack(),
simply because this would have the annoying side effect that any
floating window is raised on focus all the time which might
make specific popup client windows hard to access if some
fullscreen or very big window is focused (e.g. by accident).

That's it already. Nothing complex in my eyes.

Regards,