Re: [dwm] key bindings / french layout

From: Xavier <shiningxc_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:16:59 +0200

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 06:59:54PM +0200, Jonas Pfenniger wrote:
> I recommend the us-intl keyboard, which is much better if you need the accents.

Hm yes, actually that's what I first used for a while. It was alright for the
accents indeed.
But having accent keys act as dead keys is both an advantage and an inconvenient.
It's faster to type accents, but it's slower to type the actual ` and ^ keys,
which I use even more frequently.
So it started annoying me, and I switched to us + compose keys.
I already often missed the accents when writing in french previously, and now
it's even worse, since it's more difficult to write them, but well...

I wonder if it wouldn't be better if I just modified the X azerty layout, by
inverting the shift effect on the number keys.