Re: [dwm] Terminal Mixer

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:18:12 +0200

pancake dixit (2007-10-19, 03:57):

> I would like to feed you with this piece of software written
> by a friend:
>
> http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/soft/tm/
>
> It is a minimalistic terminal multiplexor which allows you
> to share a program via unix socket, TCP or raw ethernet.

Hey, I'm looking at the webpage again and I'm wondering whether it's
substantially more useful than netcat and screen -x (for respective
functionalities in tm). Am I missing something?

Even the read-only mode is available in screen, as explained in this
useful tutorial:

  http://tinyurl.com/2uklqe

> It is very useful for making talks or tutorials streaming
> the terminal thru the network. You can choose if you want
> to share readonly or in read-write mode.

I gather the raw ethernet mode may have be of some potential usefulness,
but can't really imagine a real-life scenario for it.

Best,

[a]