Re: [dwm] rules problem with gogui

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:32:29 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 12:03:02PM +0100, Lavergne Thomas wrote:
> I've a problem making some window not floating with the gogui apps.
>
> Gogui[1] is an application to play and debug/develop go playing
> software. It allow to have different window opens during testing to get
> information from the go engine. I use some of these window like tree
> viewer, shell and analyse.
>
> The problem is that by default these window are floating and I want them
> to be tiled, so I ve put some rules in config.h :
> /* class:instance:title regex tags regex isfloating */
> { "Tree", NULL, False },
> { "Shell", NULL, False },
> { "Analyze", NULL, False },
> These rules corectly match and are applyed by dwm but the windows
> doesn't go in tiled mode !
>
> The strange thing is that I can make them tiled using the
> Meta-Shift-Space shortkey. I could have lived with if I don't have to
> restart my engine so often when debugging, and each time I restart it
> the windows are recreated and I must retile them.
>
> Does anyone have an idea ?
>
> Tom
>

> [1] gogui.sourceforge.net
> You don't have to install it, just uncompress it and run gogui in the
> bin directory. To one of the problematic windows go in Tools menu and
> choose Tree viewer.

I assume those windows have a fixed size (minw == maxw, minh ==
maxh), or those windows have set the transient_for hint (which
is normally used for dialogs or popups) -- dwm prefers isfixed
or transient_for to rules, because that worked out best in the
past. However we can think about changing the priority here.

Regards,