Re: [dwm] dwm wish, a tidy-up function

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:54:35 +0100

Well, the only thing which is missing that dwm keeps state of
the currently selected tags. The idea is that dwm putenv's the
currently selected tags whenever they change and a newly spawned
dwm instance looks for that environment variable and pre-selects
those tags. Then a clean restart will behave like reapplying all
tagging rules beside persisting the selected tags.

What do you think about this proposal? I think of something
like:

DWMTAGS="1:2:www"

You could as well define them in your X start script and dwm
will use those instead.

Regards,
        Anselm