Re: [dwm] dwm wish, a tidy-up function

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:28:12 +0100

Anselm R. Garbe dixit (2007-12-06, 19:45):

> > Also, if the point of a restart is just to retag windows according
> > to the rules, wouldn't it be cleaner to implement just that rather
> > than a full re-exec?
>
> I agree on the idea to have a re-apply function, which applies all
> tagging rules during runtime to all windows, without restarting dwm.
> That seems to be the change which sucks less and without any
> cornercases.

I agree and I think that's the way we go (yeah, right, we, I didn't ever
contribute a single line of code). I think this function should also
reset the currently viewed tag to the default value of seltags, which
would be orthogonal (in a user's view) to reapplying the rules (say:
opera is *out* of my view by default).

Regards,

--
[a]