Re: [dwm] dwm wish, a tidy-up function

From: Karl. <kmw1_AT_free.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:06:15 +1300

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 05:32:58PM +0000, Robert Figura wrote:
> So the next interesting thing would be to implement the other way
> around: Let dwm print events like focus change, window creation and
> maybe some more on stdout.

I've always thought this would be fun, in order to implement tracking of
what windows I spend my time in (and who I should be invoicing for my
time) - sometimes (often) I wonder where my day has gone. If dwm were
outputting info about what has focus then I could log that and produce a
nice summary.

I started to implement something once, but then there was a new hg tip
which conflicted with my changes, and I never got back to it. I also
thought about having an external app looking at the state of the system
at regular intervals, but it just makes more sense to me that the window
manager provide the information that it has, when something happens.

Karl.

--
http://mowson.org/karl