Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.1

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 23:17:11 +0100

On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 10:22:55PM +0100, Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 11:17:42PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> > Cool release!
> >
> > Did you was able to run dvtm on openbsd or netbsd? I dunno... looks
> > like librote needs pty.h which is not a bsd stuff (dont know in fbsd)
> > but building librote with --disable-pty makes the dvtm build faild
> > because of an missing symbol:
> >
> > dvtm.c:(.text+0xafa): undefined reference to `rote_vt_forkpty'
>
> Some one already sent me a patch for *BSD support but apparently i broke
> it again. I should probably set up a kvm/qemu vm as test environment.
> Try removing the #include <pty.h> in rote.c as this is not needed on
> *BSD. Then rerun configure without --disable-pty, hope it works.

Can test this now...But I promise to test it on openbsd and netbsd asap.
Now i'm enjoying a 33k dialup connection..and next days i'll live
leeching german wifis, so, not sure when I'll be able to get enought
uptime to ssh to my bsd boxes O:)

> > About the redrawing timeout..Is this a temporally hack? select()
> > have you taken a look on the screen sources? I dont know how they
> > handle this in a proper way.
>
> It's the way it is until someone proposes a better way / writes a patch :)
> I haven't looked at the screen sources yet, if i find the time i will
> investigate in a select based solution.

Maybe you can have a look at 'tm' source:

  http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/soft/tm/

> > For the rest. Awesome work! I find it quite usable and makes my
> > putty sessions more comfortable :)

Maybe I miss a scrolling log for each terminal..

--pancake