Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.2

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:27:14 +0100

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:54:48AM +0100, Alessandro Dotti Contra wrote:
> Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have released dvtm-0.2, it no longer depends on librote instead it
> > includes madtty which has better terminal emulation support.
> > So you only need a curses library to build dvtm.
>
> Hi Marc and all,
>
> I just tried dvtm, and I think it is really really nice. For me, it is
> an evolution of screen with the layouts I need.
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to start some programs automatically.
> I use three different mcabber (a jabber client) instances at the same
> time, and I would like to run them as soon as dvtm starts - I know I can
> achieve more or less the same result with keybindings, and I will go for
> this solution if there is no other way to do what I like to.

See the attached patch for a possible implementation. You will need
current master which you can fetch from the url below than apply the
patch.

  http://repo.or.cz/w/dvtm.git?a=snapshot;sf=tgz

Configure the action array to launch your apps. The problem is that after
a keystroke only the content of the selected window is shown.
I will have to take a closer look.

> Thanks, good work!

Thanks,
Marc